TV Test Pattern Scarf. Linen-weave Pashmina
TV Test Pattern pashmina scarf. Had enough of work and want to sign off for the day? Now you can! Before our current 24 hour news cycle, these patterns would grace late-night and early morning television screens -- when there was such thing as a "sign-off" time.
• Pattern: TV test pattern screenprint.
• Fabric: Viscose (modal linen). Vegan safe.
• Texture: Woven linen-like.
• Weight: Perfect for all seasons.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Scarf size: 74" x 28" with 3" tassels on both ends.
• Print size: 24" x 18" at one end.
• Print color: Black or pale grey.
• Scarf color: Many! Choose from dropdown.
• Care: Hand wash cold; lay flat or hang to dry.
• Creases and folds? Iron high.
An icon of post World War II design, test patterns were broadcast to the public daily to allow regular tweaks by home television set owners and TV shop repair technicians. Features in the pattern were included allowing for users to adjust focus and contrast settings. When broadcasters transitioned to color television, the SMPTE color bars replaced the black and white test pattern image.
Shown: pale grey on black; black on silver. Original illustration based 1939 RCA TK-1 monoscope card. Hand-printed in our Detroit studio. When bundled up, the bold typography and geometric patterns make a wholly new abstract design.
Make this design uniquely yours by choosing custom ink and fabric colors.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us at email@example.com
You can also call 855-LAB-TIES(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm