Red Moss Agate Geode Cufflinks, Amethyst Tabasco geode cuff links.
Tabasco Geodes, formally known as illianites, are the world's smallest geode formation. Each has a rind of red moss agate with teeny tiny druzy quartz crystals in their mini cave center. The region where these are sourced was known for volcanic activity which results in this unique rock formation.
- REGULAR SIZE: Each averages ~1.5cm - 2cm at it's largest; (that's between the size of a US dime and a US penny)
- XL SIZE: Each averages ~2cm - 2.5cm at it's largest; (that's between the size of a US nickel and a US quarter)
- Tabasco geodes - tiniest geodes in the world!
- Matched pair, the itty bitty geodes are cut in half!
- Many have banded striations near the druzy crystals
- Brilliant, sparkly tiny druzy crystals inside; green celadonite on the outside. Red moss agate in the middle.
- Geode reverse is coated in resin to bring out the color and prevent cracking
- Stone origin: Mined near the town of Tabasco, southwest of Zacatecas, Mexico.
- Natural, un-dyed stones
- Bullet back cufflink, antique brass finish
- Handmade. Please allow for variations in color, shape and size of the stones.
- Snazzy gift box included.
► ABOUT THE STONES!
Geodes are born from the ancient flow of lava. Gas bubbles within the lava rose to the top, just like the bubbles you see when you pour a cup of soda...or champagne! When the lava cools quickly, the lava thickens, and the bubbles can't reach the top. Those trapped bubbles form hollow cavities as the lava hardens around it. The minerals trapped in the cavities form even more layers within the cavities, which typically include celadonite first -- that's the dark green exterior you see; then agate, then quartz, and finally amethyst. Sometimes calcite inclusions can be found too.
►NEED MORE? Makes a perfect gift for any dude or woman, any human that has a cuff that needs fancying! Got a super special occasion? Fathers of the bride, grooms and groomsmen - more similar stones can usually be sourced and I can make plenty more, we can make sets for wedding parties or groomsmen gifts. Please contact us for specific stone customization requests.
New! We now have some geodes in a new XL size - yes, XL of the tiniest geodes in the world, that's like a jumbo shrimp! Perfect if you're a larger person, regularly wear big and tall sizes, or just love to stand out and be extra over to top.
► ABOUT THE MAKER: Each pair of cufflinks is unique and one of a kind, and made by hand by printmaker, metalworking artist and Cyberoptix founder, Bethany Shorb. I work between Detroit, MI and Los Angeles, CA, where I source all our stone, crystal, shell, fossil and horn specimens there and at the Tucson and Quartzsite AZ gem shows. All are intuitively sourced in person, from only the most reputable suppliers.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us
(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm