NYC Subway Poster. Brooklyn Bridge Art Print
Brooklyn Subway Poster. Brooklyn Bridge screen printed art print, 19 x 25 inches, hand-pulled silkscreen print. Lafayette, Houston 2nd Ave. and Brooklyn Bridge stops. We have faithfully reconstructed these early pieces of New York City transit history from our tattered originals. Long before the LED signs you see on modern trains and buses, these hand-printed linen signs were installed on a roll and cranked manually by the subway operator to change destination names.
• Design: Brooklyn Bridge Subway Poster.
• Paper origin: French Paper, Michigan, USA.
• Sustainability: Recycled. 100% post consumer content.
• Paper size: 19 x 25 inches. (48.26 x 63.5 cm)
• Paper weight: 100 lb. cover. Archival, acid-free.
• Paper color: Black, grey, cream or white.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink. Black.
• Screenprint size: 17 x 24 inches.
• Print method: Hand-pulled.
• Edition: Open edition
• Unframed: Ready to go in the style of your choosing!
• Packaging: Shipped in a sturdy mailing tube and protective sleeve.
Love our designs but don’t wear ties or scarves? We heard your feedback...and we know you’ve all got walls. Fancy up your home, office, dorm or man cave. Prints make perfect gifts that always fit!
This open-edition art poster is printed by hand with non-toxic water-based ink. Printed onto Michigan-made and milled, French heavyweight fine art paper, 100lb. cover.
Our transit destination illustrations are painstakingly adapted from original linen 1930s-1940s new york city subway destination roll signs. We have purchased original, authentic, 10-40 foot long vintage rolls, photographed, joined and made large-format transparencies and silkscreens for each route name. Although we live in Detroit now, Bethany the designer grew up riding Metro North trains and NYC subways and still has much love for the east coast! Shown: White printing ink on black. All printing and design processes are done right in house, in our Detroit studio located in Historic Eastern Market!