Meteorite Cufflinks. Space Rock Cuff Links.
Attention space enthusiasts! We went on an epic buying trip and have hit the space rock jackpot! CAMPO DEL CIELO METEORITES from Argentina. 💥
- Meteorites average ~2/3" wide at their widest point
- Each weighs ~5g
- Origin: Campo del Cielo, Argentina / Space
- Meteorite composition: 92% iron; 6% nickel, 2% trace minerals
- Secure bullet back cufflink hardware
- Cufflink hardware is soldered directly to the meteorite
- Handmade by us, and the universe. Please allow for slight variations in color, shape and size of the specimens
- Due to the high iron content, a clear protective finish has been applied to help prevent rusting.
- Kraft gift box included.
Campo del Cielo translates to "Field of Heaven" Though it fell to Earth more than 4000 years ago, this meteorite was first discovered in 1576 by a Spanish military expedition, searching for a source of iron.
Scientists believe that - like other iron meteorites - the Campo del Cielo mass originated within the Asteroid Belt located between Mars and Jupiter, and probably formed around the same time as the earth: some 4.5 billion years ago.
Only about 5% of meteorites found on Earth are iron, and the Campo del Cielo material is highly collectable. Each is about 5 grams.
Each pair of cufflinks is unique and one of a kind, and made by hand by Cyberoptix founder, Bethany Shorb. Working between Detroit, MI and Los Angeles, CA, she finds all our stone, crystal, shell, fossil and horn specimens. They are intuitively sourced in person, in LA from only the most reputable suppliers.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us
(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm