Diatoms Bow Tie
Diatoms Bow Tie. What the heck is a diatom? Looking like little more than white dusty dirt to the naked eye, under the microscope a whole new, staggeringly beautiful universe is revealed! Once the "bones" of seafaring unicellular phytoplankton, intricate, futuristic lace and architectural patterns are created from their silica exoskeleton cast offs. The diatoms adorning this tie are sure to delight the biologist, botanist, chic-est geek or ocean researcher.
• Pattern: Screen printed diatoms.
• Fabric: Microfiber.
• Bow tie type: "Real" bow tie, freestyle, self tie. (the kind you tie yourself).
• Bow tie shape: Thistle.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Size: Adjustable, for approx. 14" - 19" collar size.
• Color: Many! Your choice from dropdown menu.
• Care: Gently hand wash, spot clean or dry clean.
• Creases and folds? Gently iron medium.
• Condition: Brand new with tags.
Original design from the illustrations of Ernst Haeckel and electron microscope scans. Choose from bold or tone-on-tone color schemes. This design looks great in any colorway.
Today these useful little guys are found in tons of household products and industry. Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms. It is used as a pool filtration aid, filters your favorite tasty adult beverage like beer and wine...their skeletony bits are used in mild abrasive products like toothpaste and metal polish, bed bug killer (!), a stabilizing component of dynamite, (!) and so much more. We'll spare you from the useful white dusty mess, and just give you the pretty pictures for your bow tie.
Make this design uniquely yours by choosing custom ink and fabric colors.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us at email@example.com
You can also call 855-LAB-TIES(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm