Dewey Decimal Literature Necktie.
Dewey Decimal Literature Necktie. Book tie printed with the 800 series of Dewey Classification. Delight your favorite librarian, book lover, author, writer or poet with this perfect literary gift!
• Pattern: Dewey Decimal for Literature.
• Fabric: Silky-soft microfiber.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Print size: 18" from bottom point.
• Tie Size: Choose XL, standard or narrow.
• Color: Many! Your choice from dropdown menu.
• Care: Hand wash, spot clean, or dry clean.
• Creases and folds? Gently iron medium.
• Condition: Brand new with tags.
Shown in narrow size: black on silver, black on champagne, pale grey on black. Shown in standard size: ivory-cream on dark brown, black on champagne, chocolate on gold.
Adapted from an 1876 text by American librarian and educator Melvil Dewey, this early system for library classification would later become the "Dewey Decimal System" we all know and love! Mr. Dewey was also pushing for new ways of simpler, shorthand spelling to be used in the library sciences, even legally changing the spelling of his own surname. Though never adopted - you can see examples of his rather creative and quirky spelling ideas here on this necktie.
Make this design uniquely yours by choosing custom ink and fabric colors.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call 855-LAB-TIES(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm