Dewey Decimal Literary linen weave pashmina scarf
Dewey Decimal Scarf. Literary Print linen weave pashmina scarf. Book scarf printed with the 800 series of Dewey Classification. Delight your favorite librarian, book lover, author, writer or poet with this perfect literary gift! Adapted from an 1876 text by American librarian and educator Melvil Dewey, this early system for library classification would later become the "Dewey Decimal System" we all know and love!
• Pattern: Dewey Decimal for Literature.
• Fabric: Viscose (modal linen). Vegan safe.
• Texture: Woven linen-like.
• Weight: Perfect for all seasons.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Scarf size: 74" x 28" with 3" tassels on both ends.
• Print size: 16" x 25.5" at one end.
• Print color: Black or pale grey.
• Scarf color: Many! Your choice from dropdown menu.
• Care: Hand wash cold; lay flat or hang to dry.
• Creases and folds? Iron high.
Shown: Black on silver, pale grey on black. Hand-printed in the USA in our Detroit Michigan studio!
Mr. Dewey was also pushing for new ways of simpler, shorthand spelling to be used in the library sciences, even legally changing the spelling of his own surname. Though never adopted - you can see examples of his rather creative and quirky spelling ideas here on this scarf.
Love library-themed gifts? Check out our Library Date Due Scarf!
Make this design uniquely yours by choosing custom ink and fabric colors.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call 855-LAB-TIES(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Brag to your friends:
Tweet Pin it!