Detroit Subway Map Necktie, 1915 Vintage Map Print Tie
Detroit Subway Map Necktie, 1915 Vintage Map Print Tie. Not feeling the QLine or People Mover? A real subway system in Detroit? Believe it or not, it almost became a thing! Initially envisioned as a solution to increased traffic from trolly lines during the time, this subway proposal was an ambitious project that would have connected to areas as far out as Highland Park and Belle Isle. Unfortunately, the plan was shot down by a single vote, and the project never materialized. Now you can wear this little-known piece of Detroit history around your neck!
• Pattern: Proposed Detroit Subway Map
• Fabric: Silky-soft microfiber or 100% silk.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Print area: 18" from bottom point. Knot will remain solid color w/ no design.
• Tie Size: Choose standard or narrow. Skinny & standard XL too where available
• Color: Many! Your choice from dropdown menu.
• Microfiber care: Hand wash, spot clean, or dry clean.
• Silk care: Spot clean, or dry clean.
• Creases and folds? Gently iron medium.
Perfect for newcomers, ex-pats and long-time Detroiters alike. Illustrations adapted from an original 1915 proposal. Shown: Pale grey ink on navy and charcoal, dove grey ink on black, black ink on silver. Hand-printed in the USA in our Detroit, Michigan studio.
Make this design uniquely yours by choosing custom ink and fabric colors.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us at email@example.com
You can also call 855-LAB-TIES(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm