Detroit Opera House & J. L. Hudson's Art Print
Detroit Opera House & J.L. Hudson's Screen Print Poster, adapted from 1881 renderings. Architectural Art Print. 19 x 25 inches, hand-pulled silkscreen print. Designed and printed by hand in our Detroit, Michigan studio.
Love our designs but don’t wear ties or scarves? We heard your feedback...and we know you’ve all got walls. Fancy up your home, office, dorm or man cave. Prints make perfect gifts that always fit!
This open-edition art poster is printed by hand with non-toxic water-based ink. Printed onto Michigan-made and milled, French heavyweight fine art paper, 100lb. cover. Each print is signed on the bottom in pencil.
• Design: Opera House & Hudson's, 1881
• Paper origin: French Paper, Michigan, USA.
• Sustainability: Recycled. 100% post consumer content.
• Paper size: 19 x 25 inches. (48.26 x 63.5 cm)
• Paper weight: 100 lb. cover. Archival, acid-free.
• Paper color: cream or white.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink. Black.
• Screenprint size: 17 x 23 inches.
• Print method: Hand-pulled.
• Edition: Open edition, signed by the artist in pencil.
• Unframed: Ready to go in the style of your choosing!
• Packaging: Shipped in a sturdy mailing tube.
"This five-story building, with an exterior modeled after the pavilions that surround the Louvre in Paris, opened March 29, 1869. Upon its opening, the Detroit Free Press proclaimed it a 'luxurious temple of art.' J.L. Hudson has his first store in the Opera House before erecting his own building, designed by the same architect, one block north. On Oct. 7, 1897, the opera house was destroyed by a fire. It was rebuilt on the site and reopened Sept. 12, 1898."