Detroit Map Art Print, 1831 City Plan
Detroit Map Screen Printed Poster. 1831 City Plan. Detroit historic art print. 19 x 25 inches, hand-pulled silkscreen print. Designed and printed by hand in our Detroit, Michigan studio. Shown: Black on cream.
Love our designs but don’t wear ties or scarves? We heard your feedback...and we know you’ve all got walls. Fancy up your home, office, dorm or man cave. Prints make perfect gifts that always fit!
This open-edition art poster is printed by hand with non-toxic water-based ink. Printed onto Michigan-made and milled, French heavyweight fine art paper, 100lb. cover. Each print is signed on the bottom in pencil.
• Design: 1831 City Plan of Detroit
• Paper origin: French Paper, Michigan, USA.
• Sustainability: Recycled. 100% post consumer content.
• Paper size: 19 x 25 inches. (48.26 x 63.5 cm)
• Paper weight: 100 lb. cover. Archival, acid-free.
• Paper color: cream or white.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink. Black.
• Screenprint size: 18 x 21 inches.
• Print method: Hand-pulled.
• Edition: Open edition, signed by the artist in pencil.
• Unframed: Ready to go in the style of your choosing!
• Packaging: Shipped in a sturdy mailing tube.
This print depicts the Detroit city layout plan following the 1805 fire that destroyed most of the city. The map shows Grand Circus Park and some of the present-day Grand Circus Park Historic District. Drafted by J.O. Lewis, it is a rarely seen early plan of Detroit from the first edition of the American State Papers in 1831.