Bus Scroll Necktie: All Detroit Routes
Detroit Bus Scroll Necktie, from our series of Detroit neighborhood and landmark-specific neckties.
• Pattern: Screen printed Detroit bus scroll sign.
• Fabric: Silky-soft microfiber.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Print size standard tie: 19" from bottom point.
• Print size narrow tie: 15" from bottom point.
• Tie Size: Choose standard, narrow or XL.
• Color: Many! Your choice from dropdown menu.
• Care: Hand wash, spot clean, or dry clean.
• Creases and folds? Gently iron medium.
Our new transit destination illustrations are painstakingly adapted from an early 1980's bus destination scrolling sign. We have purchased original, 40 foot long vintage bus rolls, photographed, joined and made large-format transparencies and silkscreens for each route name. All processes are done right in house, in our Detroit studio located in Historic Eastern Market! We have faithfully reconstructed these early pieces of Detroit transit history from tattered originals. Long before the LED signs you see on modern trains and buses, these hand-printed linen and vellum signs were installed on a roll and cranked manually by the bus operator to change destination names.
Navigate your city with "Ties to Detroit." Perfect for newcomers, ex-pats and long-time Detroiters alike.
*Please note there is some translucency in the platinum printing on black - to be faithful to the appearance of the original sign.
Make this design uniquely yours by choosing custom ink and fabric colors.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call 855-LAB-TIES(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm