Sputnik Necktie, Soviet Russia Space Satellite Tie
Sputnik Necktie, Space Satellite Tie. How dapper is a little Soviet satellite dot print? Out of this world dapper, duh!
• Pattern: Sputnik 1
• Fabric: Silky-soft microfiber or 100% silk.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Print area: 16" from bottom point.
• Tie Size: Choose standard or narrow. Skinny & standard XL too where available
• Color: Many! Your choice from dropdown menu.
• Microfiber care: Hand wash, spot clean, or dry clean.
• Silk care: Spot clean, or dry clean.
• Creases and folds? Gently iron medium.
Launched on October 4 1957, Sputnik 1 was the first man-made satellite to be sent into orbit, kicking off the Cold War space race between the United States and the Soviet Union. While it was little more than a fancy radio transmitter, it would become an important stepping stone for future technological advancements to come.
The launch of Sputnik 1 surprised the American public and shattered the perception, furthered by American propaganda, of the United States as the technological superpower and the Soviet Union as a backward country. Though the original craft no longer exists, many backup units and replicas are on display in museums all over the world. Whether you have a love of history, astronomy, or Cold War-era tech, show it off with our Sputnik pattern necktie!
Shown: Silver ink on black, navy blue, and french blue. Many more colors available! Hand printed in the USA in our Detroit Michigan studio.
Make this design uniquely yours by choosing custom ink and fabric colors.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call 855-LAB-TIES(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm