Dewey Decimal Literary Pashmina Scarf
Dewey Decimal Literary Print Pashmina Scarf. Book scarf printed with the 800 series of Dewey Classification. Delight your favorite librarian, book lover, author, writer or poet with this perfect literary gift! Adapted from an 1876 text by American librarian and educator Melvil Dewey, this early system for library classification would later become the "Dewey Decimal System" we all know and love!
• Pattern: Dewey Decimal for Literature.
• Fabric: Viscose + acrylic blend.
• Texture: Mmmm soft!
• Weight: Warm pashmina scarf.
• Printing ink: Non-toxic, waterbased ink.
• Scarf size: 74" x 28" with 3" tassels on both ends.
• Print size: 16" x 25.5" at one end.
• Print color: Black or pale grey.
• Scarf color: Many! Your choice from dropdown menu.
Shown: Black on sand, pale grey on black. For an old paper-like paper look, choose sand, cream, blush or latte. You can get creative with other colors too!
Mr. Dewey was also pushing for new ways of simpler, shorthand spelling to be used in the library sciences, even legally changing the spelling of his own surname. Though never adopted - you can see examples of his rather creative and quirky spelling ideas here on this scarf.
Love library-themed gifts? Check out our Library Date Due Scarf!
Make this design uniquely yours by choosing custom ink and fabric colors.
If you would like help from the pros when choosing custom colors to match please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call 855-LAB-TIES(522-8437) during Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm